Saturday, February 4, 2012

Juicing 101


Juicing is a great way to get all your fruit and veggie servings in for the day. I make a morning juice blend and an evening juice blend. I normally try to drink my juice before I eat breakfast and before I eat dinner along with my vitamins and supplements. On Saturday morning I go to the Mexican market near my house, where they offer a large variety of fruits and vegetables for a fraction of the cost of the supermarkets. These are locally grown by the farmers and picked to be sold fresh at the market. I bought 3lbs of carrots, 2 lbs of apples, 6 lbs of oranges, 2 lbs of beets, fresh parsley, strawberries, blackberries, cherries, bananas, ginger, sugar cane, 2lbs.s of bell peppers, 3 lbs of pears and garlic and only paid $35.
    My morning juice contains:
   (option 1)
   1/2 pack blueberries
   1 beet
   2 carrots
   2 apples
   1/2 pack of cranberries
   which is taken with CoQ10, B complex vitamins, Calcium and D vitamins
   (option 2)
   3 oranges
   1/2 pack strawberries
   1/2 pack blackberries
    2 pears
   which I take with the same supplements above and a multi pack of vitamins

   My evening juice contains:
   5 carrots
   4 apples
    ginger
    parsley
   which I take with concentrated fruits and vegetable supplement, L-Arginine, Omega 3 and Iron

I feel so much cleaner and healthier when I juice! Plus by juicing I'm ensuring that I'm getting all of my daily value of my fruits and vegetables and getting them with the most vitamins and minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment